Bulk Edit Comment

Bastian Kuberek

24 Feb, 2010 05:14 PM

When we perform Bulk Editing, all tickets get an automatic comment by the user who perform the buld edit action.

In the comment there is a [bulk edit] link to a page that lists all tickets affected by the bulk edit.

Since Bulk Editing automatically adds a comment, we should have the option to add a short description. This way all tickets affected by the bulk editing will have a note in the comment explaining something.

For example, I use bulk edit to move several tickets to their appropriate project. All subscribers will receive an email about the action but they have no idea what happened. Most of them are not even aware the ticket was moved. Then I have to manually add anotther comment to each ticket to explaining the ticket was moved.

1. 1 Posted by Bastian Kuberek on 24 Feb, 2010 05:18 PM

I also use bulk editing for managing tags. I.e. mass removal of a tag or retagging several tickets with a new tag, etc.

Assigning several tickets to a developer, setting several tickets as low priority, etc. All this actions should have some information to the subscribers.

2. 2 Posted by Rick on 25 Feb, 2010 05:23 PM

We specifically left out notifications so it wouldn't bug everyone during large operations. Though adding explicit notification options would be nice. I like that idea. Descriptions would be good too. Ticketed!

3. 3 Posted by Bastian Kuberek on 25 Feb, 2010 05:32 PM

It is nice to know that everyone is not being notified. I'm happy you like the idea. It will also help us remember why we did such an action...

4. 4 Posted by Rick on 25 Feb, 2010 05:51 PM

Well, my first live test was transitioning 600 tickets in an open source project. It flooded my inbox :) Having an explicit notification option for a bulk edit makes a lot of sense though.

I don't have a time line for this yet, however. We're planning on a major update to Lighthouse, so it may have to wait for that. I'll let you know when this is nearing completion.

5. Nicole closed this discussion on 02 Jul, 2012 08:53 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Lighthouse please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac