Please add ticket sizing / estimation

Jonathan Lister

31 Jan, 2010 02:59 PM

Hello,

At the moment, I'm maintaining a spreadsheet that lists my lighthouse tickets and records the size estimate I give them at the beginning of a development cycle. Estimating the size of tickets seems like something that would be common to many people's ticket tracking process. Would you consider it as an optional feature?

Thanks,

J.

1. 1 Posted by Jonathan Lister on 31 Jan, 2010 03:02 PM

It just occurred to me that I should qualify something: sizing tickets is NOT about time tracking. This is about giving tickets relative sizes so you can see that ticket A is, say, twice as big as ticket B. This means that when you're looking at progress, you get a better idea of how much you've got through the project.

J.

2. 2 Posted by Jonathan Lister on 31 Jan, 2010 03:04 PM

Further point (apologies) - I would like to be able to indicate that, of say 5 units, 2 are done. I'm not sure this is really that necessary though.

3. 3 Posted by Will Duncan on 01 Feb, 2010 08:11 PM

Thanks for the feedback Jonathan. I'll pass your request to our development team. However, at this point in time we do not have plans to add estimations to tickets. If something like this was to make it in to Lighthouse, it would be a ways off in the future.

If you have any other feedback, please feel free to let us know.

4. Nicole closed this discussion on 10 Feb, 2010 07:26 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Lighthouse please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac