Option to Update / Edit Ticket *WITHOUT* Sending Notifications

Arthur

13 Jan, 2010 04:54 PM

PROBLEM -
Because I often have to make several passes to get tickets organized & prioritized properly our testers and developers often get overloaded with LH auto-notify emails.

POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS -
Ideally, I'd like (as the project manager / keeper of LH) the ability to make an update to a ticket and check a box that says 'Do NOT send any notifications out for this edit'... This way I can manage when the devs / testers receive the updates (which I'd only have happen when they need to know), otherwise if I'm simply editing the state, priority, title, or making notes to myself, I could opt to not clog my employee's inboxes...

Thoughts here? Seems like it'd be a very easy addition and I think that it would absolutely make my team's work flow a good bit more efficient.

Thanks!

1. 1 Posted by Will Duncan on 13 Jan, 2010 07:32 PM

Hey Arthur,

We haven't had any request along these lines. I've marked your feature request for review by the dev team. While it might be an easy implementation, there are a lot of other variables in workflow to consider for others that use Lighthouse as well. Our main goal is to keep the ticket workflow as simple as possible.

Thanks for the feedback.

2. 2 Posted by Arthur on 13 Jan, 2010 07:48 PM

Will,

I completely understand. I'm a bit surprised that it's not more requested...

Typically I go through tickets, change state as needed, rename as needed. Then I go back through & add comments, assign properly, etc - all prior to prioritizing.

This results in my devs / testers getting between 1 and 3 emails for each ticket they've opened or had assigned to them at any point in time.

Over lunch today I actually mentioned that I had submitted this feature request and the entire team was pretty happy that I realized how hard (slash near impossible) it was for them to follow the email chains, and that I was looking into a better solution for them.

In any event, I hope that this is something you'll continue to consider and possibly implement - and I appreciate the quick response. Thanks! :-)

3. 3 Posted by Arthur D'Antoni... on 20 Jan, 2010 04:48 PM

Any thoughts from the dev team here yet? =)

4. 4 Posted by Nicole on 02 Feb, 2010 07:45 PM

Arthur -

We've taken the feedback under advisement but we have other features that we are currently working on and need to release before we begin on new ones.

Thanks for the feedback though and you can follow http://lhstatus.com or http://twitter.com/lhstatus for updates about Lighthouse. When the feature is added to the Lighthouse we'll be posting on it there.

Nicole

5. Nicole closed this discussion on 02 Feb, 2010 07:45 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Lighthouse please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac