New project page

t.lucas

28 Mar, 2009 01:09 AM

to expand on: http://twitter.com/toolmantim/status/1399479275

I just thought I'd report on my first experience setting up a new project with lighthouse - i'm speaking with a web guy / user experience / usability hat on as well as a user so please excuse me.

The new project screen has two somewhat confusing/useless fields, the "Project open states" and "Project closed states". I was confused why the project would have an open or closed state, then I realised it was referring to tickets. Maybe a better description would be "Ticket open states" and "Ticket closed states" - it's somewhat understand that everything I'm putting into the new project screen is project wide.

Secondly, I'm not quite sure you really need to ask them to customise the ticket states it at this stage. Just like you log people in really quickly and let them customise their account later, maybe you should do the customising as a later step. I had no idea why I'd want to customise it at that stage, most probably I'll do it eventually when I start the project and start adding and managing tickets.

Hope the report on my experience helps!

1. 1 Posted by Will Duncan on 28 Mar, 2009 02:07 AM

Thank you for the feedback and you've brought up some very valid points. I'll bring this up with our UI team and see if we can't make that a more quick and clear.

If you have any other feedback/suggestions feel free to hit us up.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Lighthouse please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac