Person who creates a ticket should be added to watch-list automatically

win

20 Feb, 2009 10:11 PM

I know that "auto-watching" new tickets has been brought up previously, but from what I can tell it has been in the sense of a global or pre-project setting that would allow you to be automatically added whenever new tickets were created.

What I'm proposing here is that when a person creates a new ticket he/she should be added as a watcher to that ticket automatically. If you file the ticket yourself, isn't it natural that you would want to know when someone updates it?

I've been surprised by this a few times when I report a bug on a project and then a day or two later notice that I haven't received any notification about it. Duh, off I run to Lighthouse and see that I didn't remember to explicitly press "Watch this ticket" after filing it.

1. 1 Posted by Will Duncan on 20 Feb, 2009 11:56 PM

That is definitely not expected behavior. I haven't seen any reports of it either, but I'll try to replicate it over the weekend and see what we can come up with and get back to you.

2. 2 Posted by win on 21 Feb, 2009 08:41 AM

Ok, Will. I've noticed it the last couple times I filed tickets on the RSpec and Rails trackers (ie this last week or so). If you want I can provide you with specific ticket numbers.

3. 3 Posted by win on 22 Feb, 2009 11:00 AM

Just posted a new ticket on the Rails tracker:

http://rails.lighthouseapp.com/projects/8994/tickets/2039

Again it created the ticket and said "Nobody is watching this ticket." Will have to add myself manually again.

So definitely looks to be an issue.

(6 comments on this issue so far, 4 of which look to be by spam bots.)

4. 4 Posted by Will Duncan on 22 Feb, 2009 11:12 PM

Thanks for the heads up, I'll try to have a developer dig in first thing Monday morning.

5. 5 Posted by System on 22 Feb, 2009 11:13 PM

A Lighthouse ticket was created for this discussion

6. 6 Posted by win on 03 Mar, 2009 09:04 PM

So what happened on Monday morning? I'm still finding that with all the tickets I file, I'm not being added to the watch list automatically.

7. 7 Posted by Rick on 03 Mar, 2009 09:18 PM

Ah, this only affects projects that you don't have project member access. I removed the 'default watcher' logic and checked your name by default on the watcher list. Since you don't see the watcher list on projects like Rails, that's not possible anywhere.

8. 8 Posted by Rick on 03 Mar, 2009 10:31 PM

And it's deployed now.

9. Rick closed this discussion on 03 Mar, 2009 10:31 PM.

10. win re-opened this discussion on 03 Mar, 2009 11:51 PM

11. 9 Posted by win on 03 Mar, 2009 11:51 PM

Thanks.

12. 10 Posted by win on 17 Mar, 2009 11:03 AM

This looks like it's still broken to me.

I just filed a new ticket against Rails about 10 minutes ago and again I had to manually myself to the watchlist.

http://rails.lighthouseapp.com/projects/8994/tickets/2266

13. 11 Posted by Will Duncan on 17 Mar, 2009 11:11 AM

win -- the job has to run it looks like. Next time you file a ticket, give it a few seconds then refresh, you should show up then without having to manually set it. Which is misleading, we'll see about getting that tweaked for the next LH releases.

I will double check it as soon as possible though, just to be sure.

14. 12 Posted by win on 23 Mar, 2009 06:10 PM

Just created a ticket for RSpec:

http://rspec.lighthouseapp.com/projects/5645/tickets/755

Not sure exactly how much time you mean by "give it a few seconds". I just waited several (5) minutes and refreshed and I'm not on the watch list.

David Chelimsky (the RSpec lead), however, was on the list.

In any case, I've added myself manually again.

15. brandi closed this discussion on 29 Jun, 2012 10:10 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Lighthouse please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac