confusion with 'create ticket' / 'create new ticket buttons'

nick

17 Feb, 2009 07:08 PM

hi there, been using lighthouse for almost a year, love it. BUT - i keep losing tickets to the ether. the problem is that the redesigned 'create new ticket' button is TOO prominent. i click it to get a blank form. i fill out the form. i look for the submit button, i click it, done, now i have a new blank form. the trouble is that the button i click is the 'create new ticket' button, which does not save the form, but rather creates a new one.

the actual 'save' button is hidden WAY down at the bottom of the screen. you HAVE to scroll down to see it, which is non-intuitive and not very user friendly for rapid entry. and fundamentally, there is clearly room for confusion when two very different buttons are given such similar names: 'create new ticket' and 'create ticket'.

i would suggest moving the 'create new ticket' button so it is not next to the ticket entry form. as long as it remains there, i think it looks too similar to a 'save' button.

thanks, nick

1. 1 Posted by Will Duncan on 17 Feb, 2009 10:57 PM

Nick, I can't say that we have had any feedback on specifically that type of confusion. It is a valid mention though and I will bring it up to our UI team. Thank you for the suggestion.

2. 2 Posted by Justin Palmer on 18 Feb, 2009 01:05 AM

This is a valid concern and one I need to address. Over time we've added tags and watchers to the ticket form. I'm probably going to take another look at the ticket form and collapse secondary actions or minimize them in some fasion.

3. 3 Posted by System on 14 Mar, 2009 12:58 PM

A Lighthouse ticket was created for this discussion

4. Nicole closed this discussion on 07 Dec, 2009 10:10 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Lighthouse please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac