Ticket Priorities

chris

25 Jan, 2009 02:17 AM

In addition to the status of a ticket (i.e. new, open, resolved..) I'd like to be able to assign a priority to it such as "Low", "Major", "Severe". Currently I'll make use of tags for this but some visual queue in the dashboard view (such as red highlight on critical issues) would be great.

1. 1 Posted by Andrew Farmer on 26 Jan, 2009 07:36 PM

this is what I want too. I would want it more fine grained than that though. a priority 1-5 works for me.

I know that I can add tags like p1, p5 etc. but that doesn't work well. I want it enforced that every ticket must have a priority, and I want to be able to sort on priority to see the highest priority stuff that is assigned to me.

2. 2 Posted by Will Duncan on 26 Jan, 2009 07:58 PM

Chris, thank you for the suggested, we had discussed some sort of visual indicators for tags in the past, and I'll bring it back up when we discuss upcoming LH feature plans.

Andrew, it's highly unlikely we will add a standard priority rating system in with Lighthouse. The entire premise of Lighthouse workflow is either a ticket is important or it's not. If your workflow is broken down into milestones, you can sort priority within there and have a saved search which would show you in order of priority. So something like sort:priority milestone:next would give you the next upcoming milestone in order of the priority sorting.

3. 3 Posted by Andrew Farmer on 26 Jan, 2009 08:15 PM

j/k. but seriously. when are you going to add watchers?

4. 4 Posted by Will Duncan on 26 Jan, 2009 08:18 PM

Watches is 99.5% finished. It should be in the next update to Lighthouse.

5. 5 Posted by pete+lighthouse on 26 Jan, 2009 10:12 PM

I came on here to ask this exact question and there it is at the top of the discussions. This feature would work well for our team because of how we are using Lighthouse. We have bi-weekly releases which include bugs, new features and enhancements to existing features. I'm always on the current milestone and while I do use the prioritize feature, it's not immediately obvious if a ticket is a critical bug or a "that'd be nice to have if there's time" feature. I could see this working in conjunction with tags, similar to how labels are done in GMail. It would be nice to set bug tags as red so they would immediately pop out.

6. 6 Posted by chris on 26 Jan, 2009 10:25 PM

Yes, perhaps if tags could include some indicator as to what the
    prirotiy is. Like "priority:5" or something as a tag name.
    Lighthouse could default to "normal" (3?) and then it could include
    features that use colors tending from green through to red depending
    upon the priority, also being able to display the list sorted by
    priority (which I believe would just work if it was tag based?).

There'd be nothing to stop this being provided as part of a drop-down
    list just like the ticket status is, even if it backs onto the tag
    system. At least that would be it clear how you assign a priority to
    a ticket.

I'm aware of the drag/drop prioritize feature, but like others have
    said, although that's good for ordering a list it's not immediately
    obvious what's critical and what's not. A project manager for example
    may want to raise the priority of one or two tickets based on new
    information or the proximity to a given deadline, and simply re- ordering the list isn't going to be seen that clearly when Developer X
    logs in and checks Lighthouse. A nice red indicator on the ticket on
    the other hand would be seen.

7. 7 Posted by Nicole on 11 Mar, 2009 07:58 PM

Just to update the discussion, priorities are now available. You'll need to enable them via Settings & Payment link, under Settings. Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks for your patience.

8. Nicole closed this discussion on 11 Mar, 2009 07:58 PM.

9. chris re-opened this discussion on 11 Mar, 2009 10:39 PM

10. 8 Posted by chris on 11 Mar, 2009 10:39 PM

Under Settings & Payment -> Settings the only options I see are:

Account Name Timezone

Am I missing something, or am I seeing server-side cached content or
    something?

Thanks for adding this feature :)

11. 9 Posted by Will Duncan on 11 Mar, 2009 10:51 PM

Chris, are you an admin of that specific account? Which account is it? If you want to discuss this privately just start a new discussion.

12. 10 Posted by chris on 12 Mar, 2009 01:16 AM

The account is swiftmailer.lighthouseapp.com and I'm logged in on this username (which is "Account Owner") under Access and Permissions.

I had another question as to why my 4 developers (including myself) is only counted as 1 member in Lighthouse? I'll save that for another ticket :)

13. 11 Posted by chris on 14 Mar, 2009 02:58 AM

Where do I go to activate this priority systems?

I've attached a screenshot of my Settings page.

14. 12 Posted by Will Duncan on 14 Mar, 2009 06:32 AM

Chris it's actually not available on free or basic plans. We're still working it's integration into Lighthouse, but it wont be an option for lower end plans at this point in time.

15. 13 Posted by chris on 15 Mar, 2009 01:28 AM

So how much money do we have to spend before we can have something as simple as priorities? Not being funny, but that sounds kinda weird. I'm already spending $10/mo for the plan I'm on even though I don't need it. I was planning on keeping it that way because I figured I'd support you guys (monthly donation if you like). But this makes me feel a bit different about that (feels like somehow we don't count).

What do the expensive plans have that makes ticket priorities work better on them and why doesn't $10/mo qualify?

16. 14 Posted by Rick on 15 Mar, 2009 02:23 AM

From the feedback we received, people with very active and large teams were having the most difficulty with our existing priority system. So, we started adding in some extra priority options for the more enterprisey plans. It's still an unofficial experiment... we may yank it out or add the option to all plans. Everyone at ENTP really digs the drag/drop milestone priority system. But maybe our team of 10 or so people is too small to really run into the limitations.

17. brandi closed this discussion on 29 Jun, 2012 10:10 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Lighthouse please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac