Making "hold" more useful

self+lucidmac

14 Dec, 2008 10:56 PM

Right now, given the way tickets are displayed, the hold status doesn't seem particularly useful.

I'm in the situation where I am putting one ticket on hold until another is addressed but I already know this ticket will get lost.

What I'd like to be able to do is say "Put ticket 15 on hold until ticket 20 is resolved". Then, when I resolve #20, #15 should be automatically re-opened.

1. 1 Posted by Will Duncan on 14 Dec, 2008 11:35 PM

I doubt ticket dependencies will make their way into Lighthouse any time soon. But that you for the suggestion, it's a pretty cool idea.

Hold simply refers to that the ticket it's not something that currently needs to be worked on. Ticket dependencies would introduce a whole new ball game into the workflow options.

At the moment we're working more towards polishing and simplifying the system, and adding in new core features. We have some cool updates around the corner though and then we'll begin to rethink workflow and adding in some more tools/options.

2. 2 Posted by self+lucidmac on 14 Dec, 2008 11:37 PM

Fair enough.

As much as anything else I just wanted to dump the idea out of my head :)

M.

3. 3 Posted by Will Duncan on 14 Dec, 2008 11:58 PM

That's what the discussion boards are here for, enough ideas and things start happening!

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Lighthouse please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac