Ajax, baby

Paul Campbell

05 Dec, 2008 06:35 PM

There are lots of little places where lighthouse could benefit from "Speed as a feature" ... the "Add new ticket" button perhaps, could appear instantly as it's preloaded ... the "back" button could whisk away the current ticket and show the ticket index.

I'd love if things just 'seemed' to happen faster in lighthouse.

See "Add New Person" and "Add a new task" in Highrise.

Groovy.

1. 1 Posted by Will Duncan on 08 Dec, 2008 08:02 PM

Thanks for the input. We've kind of been tossing around how we could "bring sexy back" into the Lighthouse UI. We have some rough edges in basic UI/Layout that are on top of the list, and I think some ajax sweetness is in store for round 2.

I'll have Justin, our UI guru, comment on this ticket when he gets a chance.

2. 2 Posted by Paul Campbell on 09 Dec, 2008 02:22 PM

Will,

I wouldn't be too concerned about 'sexy' ... speed and usefulness are much higher priority for me.

Paul

3. 3 Posted by Will Duncan on 09 Dec, 2008 02:34 PM

Well, I use the phrase loosely, it's more about function always. Anything that makes life easier or gives an "oooh that's nice" reaction gets thrown into my "sexy" category.

Odds are such revisions will be pushed back till after we launch the next way of features, some useful items will be included in these, but most of them are just long delayed core functions we've needed in Lighthouse for some time.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Lighthouse please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac