How do I set level of priority?

Chad W. Taylor

28 Jan, 2011 12:15 AM

Searching high and low, I must have overlooked this: Where do I set the priority for each tickets?

1. 1 Posted by Will Duncan on 28 Jan, 2011 01:28 AM

By default, Lighthouse does not have priorities, it's not really something we believe in and designed Lighthouse workflow to be handled with. With that said, you can enable a priorities feature in your account settings if you are on a bronze or higher level plan.

http://d.pr/5Y3S

2. 2 Posted by Chad W. Taylor on 28 Jan, 2011 04:32 PM

One nice thing you could do is to grey-out the priorities feature as shown in the screenshot. Show it greyed-out and disabled with a message such as "Available in Bronze or better".

That will prevent many frustrated users like me having to look all over the place only to find out it's disabled (and hidden) by default.

3. 3 Posted by Nicole on 28 Jan, 2011 05:13 PM

Chad -

Can definitely see your point here. Where is the screenshot you're referring to? It is not our intention to mislead users about priorities.

Thanks,
    Nicole

4. 4 Posted by Chad W. Taylor on 28 Jan, 2011 06:14 PM

The screenshot I am referring to is Will Duncan's link (http://d.pr/5Y3S).

I understand it's not your intention, just would help us be aware that it is disabled rather than hunting all over your site for that feature.

5. 5 Posted by Nicole on 28 Jan, 2011 06:27 PM

Chad -

Gotcha. Unless you are on the Bronze plan or higher you wouldn't see the priority options from the screenshot on your Settings and Permission-->General Account Settings section.

Sorry the confusion,
    Nicole

6. Nicole closed this discussion on 28 Jan, 2011 06:27 PM.

7. Chad W. Taylor re-opened this discussion on 28 Jan, 2011 06:41 PM

8. 6 Posted by Chad W. Taylor on 28 Jan, 2011 06:41 PM

Correct, I understand that my plan doesn't have the priority feature. I'm making a suggestion that would improve User Experience by simply making the feature visible but disabled with a message stating that it will become enabled with a Bronze plan or better.

This suggestion is yours to take or leave, smile.

9. 7 Posted by Will Duncan on 28 Jan, 2011 07:17 PM

Are you referring to convo.lighthouseapp.com? That account is on a Bronze level plan and has access to enabling priorities.

https://convo.lighthouseapp.com/settings

10. Nicole closed this discussion on 31 Jan, 2011 09:50 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Lighthouse please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac