Blocked emails

peterr (at lockside)

12 Oct, 2010 01:27 PM

Emails are being intercepted by a spam blocker at our client's end. We are unable to give them access. Is there any other way of setting up users?

1. 1 Posted by Nicole on 12 Oct, 2010 03:22 PM

Peterr -

There is a workaround for getting them the invitation, but if the mail is being considered spam it wouldn't make much sense to not fix that. It would mean all email sent by Lighthouse concerning tickets and comments would never reach them. Best to talk with the IT department to get Lighthouse added as an exception.

Let me know.

Thanks,
    Nicole

2. 2 Posted by peterr (at lock... on 12 Oct, 2010 04:15 PM

Hi Nicole,

Thank you for that. They could make an exception if we could give then sender's address - do you happen to know that? presumably is something like [email blocked]?

Thanks

Peter

3. 3 Posted by Nicole on 12 Oct, 2010 04:17 PM

Peter -

Yes, let us know if you need more detail than that from us, but the domain is lighthouseapp.com.

Thanks,
    Nicole

4. Nicole closed this discussion on 12 Oct, 2010 04:17 PM.

5. peterr (at lockside) re-opened this discussion on 13 Oct, 2010 09:05 AM

6. 4 Posted by peterr (at lock... on 13 Oct, 2010 09:05 AM

Developing is hard enough!! - response from our client is: "I’ve checked the domain name against all the common spam listings and it’s not listed in any of them which is a good sign! It looks like we’ll need an exception adding to our mailserver to allow the emails through. I’ve contacted our IT team regarding this issue and asked them to check the mail server logs to confirm. I’ll get back to you once they’ve updated me."
    Would it not be possible to set up a user within admin like we have in Campfire, AgileZen and other collaborative tools, so that you don't have to depend on emails that are likely to be blocked in a corporate environment.

7. 5 Posted by Nicole on 13 Oct, 2010 08:26 PM

Peter -

Ultimately your individual account members are going to want to receive email from Lighthouse. All communications, ticket updates, comments, etc will come from the lighthouseapp.com domain. Whitelisting lighthouseapp.com is the best solution.

Thanks,
    Nicole

8. Nicole closed this discussion on 13 Oct, 2010 08:26 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Lighthouse please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac