Adding default tags to a ticket via new ticket web interface

Ingo Muschenetz

15 Sep, 2010 08:09 PM

Hi,

I'm directing users to our Lighthouse web page in order to be able to add new tickets. I'd like to add some default tags by passing them in via the query string request, i.e.:

/project/tickets/new?tag=tag1

I've tried this and it doesn't work, but I'm unsure if it's not supported, or I have the wrong syntax. Any suggestions?

1. 1 Posted by Will Duncan on 20 Sep, 2010 10:33 PM

It's not supported. We'll be changing a way tags work in the next iteration of Lighthouse, so you basically generate a set of tags that users can choose from, vs letting them get sloppy with it. But this is also the main reason we built http://tenderapp.com, to keep users out of the development workflow. Lighthouse is great, but you really have to trust people to keep things organized.

2. 2 Posted by Ingo Muschenetz on 20 Sep, 2010 10:43 PM

To suggest how/why we need it here is that we have two separate versions of the product we are supporting. We denote that via milestones in Lighthouse. We allow users to submit tickets by directing them to the Lighthouse URL, and it would be nice for those tickets to somehow be marked for one version or the other (milestones or tags, etc).

I suppose we could use the API to do this, but that's way more complicated than we wanted to get, since it requires us to build a UI in-product.

Thanks,
    Ingo

3. 3 Posted by Will Duncan on 20 Sep, 2010 11:52 PM

Yeah, that use case makes sense. Unfortunately that functionality isn't available in Lighthouse. Using the API works, but registering/logging in the users is usually a problem for anonymous submissions. Those who have done it before created a bot user for the form, which is pretty easy, but then you don't have a simple way to communicate with the user when the bug is fixed. The fact that Lighthouse requires registration is why we built Lighthouse and Tender to integrate with each other, so we could sync multiple discussions to single Lighthouse tickets that were filed accurately.

4. Nicole closed this discussion on 14 Oct, 2010 03:23 AM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Lighthouse please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac