(1) Working with multiple outside dev teams; and (2) delegating user management to for each project.

Andrew de Andrade

18 May, 2010 03:47 PM

I work for Mentez. We are a micropayments company that syndicates Social Games in Latam.

Because of our business model, we have one support staff that handles all the games we syndicate. However we work with a lot of outside Game Studios and we need a simple, productive way to submit and track bugs and issues to them.

I want to know if I can do the following with Lighthouse:
-- All Mentez employees can submit and track bug issues for any and all the games. -- Each game studio can view and track only the issues for their own games and not the games for the other studios.

Those are the requirements.

Even better, but not necessary, would be if I can delegate admin permission for each project/game to an employee of each of our partner. This person would be allowed to add and remove users from their project only, but not for any other project/game. Is this possible? This would make it easier for me as I wouldn't have to worrying about users who have left those companies still having access.

Thanks,
Andrew

1. 1 Posted by Will Duncan on 18 May, 2010 07:51 PM

Lighthouse users can have different permissions levels, but it's account/project level only. So if the support users have access to all projects, and then the studios only have access to the single game project, that should be what you're looking for.

If you have access to a project, you can edit/delete tickets as needed. There isn't a specific permissions system for access levels within a project. As long as you are a member, you have access.

As far as access and permissions goes, that's an account wide settings. Any Lighthouse admin can add/remove users from the system. If you are just project level, you do not have access to these settings.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks.

2. Nicole closed this discussion on 12 Oct, 2010 05:14 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Lighthouse please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac