Can Lighthouse tickets be exported from one account and imported into another account?

Dave DeRuchie

11 May, 2010 03:10 PM

I've completed a project that will transition to a support phase, which I am not contracted to provide. For the support vendor I'd like to provide the history of all tickets created during the development process, including open issues designated for the support phase. Is it possible to export all tickets and import into a different lighthouse account?

I'm assuming the API can be used for the import, but I can't find a clean way to export all tickets created during the project. When I select all messages and export to CSV I am not getting all of the tickets entered since the project began.

1. 1 Posted by Will Duncan on 11 May, 2010 07:14 PM

Hey Dave. You can actually use some of the parameters in the API right from the ticket search / bulk-edit in Lighthouse.

If you do a search for all in a project and then select the bulk edit option, select the advanced option, then enter account:"Account Name" project:"Project Name" in the field, you can migrate the tickets over to the new account project. The user profile doing the move must be a member of both accounts/projects.

The CSV export is limited. It can only export 100 results. It's not a full export option. If you go to the site settings, there is an export option so you can backup an entire account, but that's not really needed to just move all the tickets out of the current project and over to another account/project.

If you have any questions or need assistance, just let me know. I'm happy to help.

2. Nicole closed this discussion on 05 Jul, 2010 08:01 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Lighthouse please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac