How to assign a Version number to Resolved?

Stephen

20 Apr, 2010 03:24 AM

When I resolve a ticket, how do I best indicate which version of my product the fix applies to?

Ideally I'd like to be able to look at version X and see all the fixes for that version.

I suspect Milestones are involved here but assigning a ticket to a milestone seems to complete the milestone.

1. 1 Posted by Will Duncan on 20 Apr, 2010 04:34 PM

Lighthouse is pretty flexible in this manner. There are a few ways people typically handle versioned application development.

The first way, is to use milestones. Milestones are just blocks of tickets, so tickets can be assigned to the milestone and that's a goal. In most cases, milestones are a goal for a release. So you might have a version 2 milestone with a series of tickets assigned to it, when that milestone is complete, you would release version 2.

The other way is through tags. It's more common with agile application development in Lighthouse, to assign tickets based on what branch the fix is in, as each branch is pulled into master and then deployed.

As far as the completed milestone thing goes. Milestones are technically date based. They need a due date or a goal to have an order. If a milestone has no date and all the tickets are resolved, then it's closed, or if the date is past due and all the tickets are resolved, then it is closed. If the date is in the future, then it's open until it reaches it's deadline.

2. Nicole closed this discussion on 27 Apr, 2010 06:50 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Lighthouse please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac