Prioritizing by Assigned User

George

10 Aug, 2009 03:31 PM

So I have a small team of developers. I want to be able to assign tickets to them, and then prioritize their tickets so they know which tickets are priority for them to be working on. I thought I saw this in a forum some place that this could be done. But I might be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time!.

Thanks guys!

1. 1 Posted by Will Duncan on 10 Aug, 2009 03:37 PM

You can set the order of tickets within a milestone which will display them in that order on the milestone page, or if you have a bronze or higher level plan then you can enable priorities from your settings.

2. 2 Posted by George on 10 Aug, 2009 03:42 PM

Hey Will, thanks man! Very excited about using this. I can literally say
    I've slept better since setting up my account!. :) And while I know that
    its not on your radar, an integration to basecamp would probably give you a
    HUGE additional market of users. Any time that Basecamp mentions a forum of
    an issue tracker possibly integrating with them, the community become a
    giant room of babies crying for milk or in this case a better issue tracker!
    Thanks!

3. 3 Posted by Will Duncan on 10 Aug, 2009 03:49 PM

We personally don't condone priority function in workflow it Lighthouse. It is not how we designed the system workflow to be carried out.

http://www.43folders.com/2009/04/28/priorities would pretty much sum up our take on it. Critical issues tagged with @high should be dealt with first, the rest are all on the same playing field.

Earlier Basecamp API functions made it hard for integration to be reached though.

4. 4 Posted by George on 10 Aug, 2009 03:56 PM

One last questions. Any special way to sort by priority once I've set up the settings method of "Prioritizing tickets" I'm ton on how I'm doing this. I have a site that has multiple modules. I've currently set up milestones for each module and then set tickets to these milestones. But do you think it would be better to set deadlines like. a Bulk of fixes for each milestone and then tag the tickets with the module name? That way I can arrange priorities in the milestone? Not sure what you've see as the best method.
    Thanks!

5. 5 Posted by Will Duncan on 11 Aug, 2009 12:28 AM

I would say that setting up a milestone as a date, then tagging the tickets with the correct module name would be best. In the long term you can go back and see what work has been done on each module, and keep things broken up in timeframe via milestone.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Lighthouse please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac