Attachments Via E-mail Opening Tickets

rbaldwin (at covermymeds)

03 Aug, 2009 09:35 PM

I need the ability to send an email to open an issue with tags and an attachment. I process PDF forms and sometimes I may get a stack of 50 PDF files so I will create a generic email to the project and then duplicate that draft email 50 times and I would code the email to open a case, assign it to person A, give it a high priorirty etc for each PDF. This is a lot easier than running the attachments online.

This was the process with FogBugz which I am not longer using. When I attempted this with Lighthouse the result was 50 open tickets with the same name and no attachment.

Can you help me out with this?

1. 1 Posted by Rick on 03 Aug, 2009 09:49 PM

Yea, we never supported this, actually. I'll see what it takes to handle, however. I have since updated our email processing backend (we use the same one on another product) to support emailable attachments, so it shouldn't be tough.

2. 2 Posted by Will Duncan on 03 Aug, 2009 09:50 PM

Lighthouse does not currently support attachments via email. You can send it with tags though, by adding tagged:foo to an email.

We do plan to support attachments in the near future though. but it's just not at the top of the list right now.

3. 3 Posted by Will Duncan on 03 Aug, 2009 09:51 PM

Oops! Sorry about that! Rick already replied.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Lighthouse please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac