User Management and Open Source

kimchy.compass.project

31 Mar, 2009 05:58 PM

HI,

I started an account using my open source project name (compass-project) and create a project called compass within it. Now I am a bit confused about how users are managed for the account. Is there a limit of 2 users in the free plan that can open tickets? How about actual maintainers of the codebase?

Cheers, Shay

1. 1 Posted by Will Duncan on 31 Mar, 2009 08:03 PM

Shay, there is not a limit on Open Source project users. The counter is still present in the UI though since it's still controlling your other projects. We will try to make that more clear in the UI in the near future.

The only limitation is you can only have 2 admins, and as many project members as you need.

2. 2 Posted by kimchy.compass.... on 31 Mar, 2009 08:14 PM

Great news, thanks!. I have another (probably obvious) question. What do other users need to do in order to post tickets on the project? Do they need to open an account in lighthouse? Do I have to invite them? Basically, I am missing all the flow of how user management works in LH. For example, I would expect something like developers, that actually close/resolve tickets, and plain users, that simply open tickets with bugs and feature requests.

Is there any limit on any of these two types of users? How do I manage them? If there is a help page about this, just point me to it and I will read away, I simply could not find it.

3. 3 Posted by Will Duncan on 31 Mar, 2009 08:26 PM

People who are working on the OSS project and you want to have access to modify/edit tickets will need to be invited. Anyone can post a ticket to the OSS project, they do not need to be a member of it, but will be asked to register a Lighthouse account.

There is not a limit on members of the OSS project. Users who simply post tickets are not something you have to manage, only those who are on your dev team and you choose to invite.

To invite a project member, simply click the Access & Permissions URL in the top left of the Lighthouse UI. This will take you to https://compass-project.lighthouseapp.com/members where you can invite our dev team to help manage your Lighthouse account.

I don't think we have current documentation on user management, but I will try to write something up tomorrow so the answer is clear in the future.

4. 4 Posted by kimchy.compass.... on 31 Mar, 2009 08:37 PM

Got it, thanks!

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Lighthouse please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac