Creating a "default" bug account.

hays.clark

23 Mar, 2009 10:53 PM

Normally I want a bot or a non-user account to collect all the bugs and then a team member will do bug triage and actually assign those un-assigned bugs to actual team members. Even a good size company often has this bug pool for outside bugs and another for internal bug reporting. That's 2 wasted user accounts alone in the existing system just to make these categories.

Just my 2 cents.

1. 1 Posted by Rick on 23 Mar, 2009 10:59 PM

What's your suggestion? Should we create default bug accounts for everyone automatically? That'd leave us with many wasted user accounts then... We've thought about adding some tweaks that allow you to create 'bot' accounts. The problem is it's easy to hijack that account for illegitimate uses over the API and getting around the member count. When we do this, we'll likely add some restrictions that prevent the user from being assigned tickets and other crucial functions.

Another blocker is getting a Lighthouse robot mascot... We currently use Hal 9000 and Wall-E internally, but apparently those are copyrighted :)

2. 2 Posted by hays.clark on 23 Mar, 2009 11:51 PM

Not sure.

I don't think a user account or even a bot is needed. Just a cache for bugs to collect in. Maybe it's just all bugs which are "unassigned". I just don't want one user to be spammed by all submitted bugs.

3. 3 Posted by Rick on 24 Mar, 2009 01:00 AM

I don't understand what the problem is then? Just leave them unassigned and set up a ticket bin for state:new responsible:none.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Lighthouse please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac