Searching for tickets by priority

david

27 Feb, 2009 05:13 PM

Hello,

Is there the functionality to perform a search on all tickets (as well as on an individual basis) by priority. Basically what I’m after is a list of all High priority tickets currently open. This is just to help with workload management. I have found that you can sort results of searches by priority but cannot find a way to search for priority.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dave

1. 1 Posted by Rick on 27 Feb, 2009 09:42 PM

Nope, you can't. How would you expect it to work? What would priority:2 find? Anything where the priority is 2, or less than or equal to 2, ordered by priority?

2. 2 Posted by david on 02 Mar, 2009 08:52 AM

I think to cover the greatest of scenarios, priority:2 would just show tickets with a priority of two.

ta

Dave

3. 3 Posted by dondo on 03 Mar, 2009 12:27 AM

Is there a way to assign priority in the first place? I don't necessarily want to search by it, but I definitely want to sort by it.

4. 4 Posted by Rick on 03 Mar, 2009 03:56 AM

By default, you set priorities in a milestone. There's no numerical value to set, you just drag and drop, and it sets the value 1-*.

If you have a paid plan, you can enable the experimental priority support. This lets you set a priority of 1-3 (High/Medium/Low) for tickets regardless of milestone. There's no guarantee that this feature will stick around though. A very tiny percentage is even taking advantage of it.

5. 5 Posted by david on 03 Mar, 2009 08:55 AM

Before we signed up for the paid plan my origional idea was to use tags to give the tickets a priority, this would enable us to search by priority but i think that the selectable priority dropdowns are a much 'cleaner' way.

6. 6 Posted by Rick on 30 Mar, 2009 05:29 AM

I just deployed support for this. Here are some sample queries to get you started:

state:open priority:1
    state:open priority:<10
    state:open priority:"<= 5"

Let me know how it works out before I document and set it in stone :)

7. Rick closed this discussion on 30 Mar, 2009 05:29 AM.

8. david re-opened this discussion on 30 Mar, 2009 07:48 AM

9. 7 Posted by david on 30 Mar, 2009 07:48 AM

This seems to be working fine on our project although we don’t have that many tickets left open at the moment, maybe it would be worth checking on a project with higher numbers of tickets as well.

Thanks for this though, it will make the tracking of our important bugs allot more efficient.

10. brandi closed this discussion on 29 Jun, 2012 10:10 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Lighthouse please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac