My Brain Hurts - Use as a Simple Email-Based CRM

matt

26 Feb, 2009 09:43 PM

Hi all,

We have a "Contact Us" form that customers can use to email us without exposing our email addresses to naughty spammers. Right now, this contact us form goes to a listserv that is checked by many people. Of course, this doesn't scale well and gets confusing who is responding to what customer.

In the past, I've worked on helpdesk systems where incoming requests can be put in a queue and queue members emailed to pick it up. Someone takes it or is assigned the case, and then life moves on. If the item sits unassigned it'll pester the group until someone takes ownership.

Does this sort of workflow seem like it can be a good match with Lighthouse? Honestly, I couldn't figure out how to use the interface (and I'm a Rails programmer) so I have to be missing something.

Thanks,

-- Matt

1. 1 Posted by matt on 26 Feb, 2009 09:47 PM

Oh, depending on what the value of the "Reason for contacting us? [ Order Problem, Suggestion, Website Problem etc]" combobox is, it gets routed to different groups. So, I'd do the same thing with Lighthouse -- set up different queues depending on what it comes in as. If the cust mis-categorizes it, a staff member ought to be able to throw it into a different queue.

Finally, customers will not have accounts, so the ticket will be semi-anonymous (they have to enter an email address on the form, that's it).

2. 2 Posted by Nicole on 26 Feb, 2009 10:17 PM

Matt -

It actually sounds like a better fit for our other product, Tender (btw, it's what you'd be seeing this conversation in if you were going to the web interface). This allows better customer support without the customers needing to see the actual tickets.

Take a look and let me know what you think and if I'm understanding what you are trying to do.

Thanks, Nicole

3. brandi closed this discussion on 29 Jun, 2012 10:08 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Lighthouse please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac