Tags cleared when issuing ticket update

Evan

08 Nov, 2011 07:30 PM

Issuing this command

curl -X PUT -d @lhtest -H 'X-LighthouseToken: [my token]' -H 'Content-Type: application/xml' http://bluenotion.lighthouseapp.com/projects/85349/tickets/139.xml

with this lhtest file

<ticket><body>I ain't clearin' no tags</body></ticket>

results in this ticket update:

→ Tag cleared.

I ain't clearin' no tags

Is this a bug in the lighthouse API? Or am I missing something?

1. Support Staff 2 Posted by Nicole on 08 Nov, 2011 07:34 PM

Evan -

I've added you to an existing development ticket for this bug. There is some good news regarding this bug: tags in the web UI (and the top-level record for the ticket) still contain the tags, and subsequent UI updates will include those tags until they're changed. Even subsequent API updates should not actually destroy tags until they're overridden.

Internally, what's happening is the latest "version" record for this ticket is not getting the tags value set on it, so the "diffs" between versions show that tags were removed even though they remain on the ticket.

To summarize: The "tags cleared" message is mostly a display error, and subsequent updates should still have the tags in place in the UI.

We'll update this discussion when we have more information to share on the fix.

Thanks,
    Nicole

2. 3 Posted by Evan on 08 Nov, 2011 07:36 PM

Thank you for the prompt reply! I figured it was a display issue, but thought I'd mention it.

Cheers

3. Nicole closed this discussion on 02 Jul, 2012 09:02 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Lighthouse please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

15 Apr, 2014 02:05 PM
14 Apr, 2014 02:54 PM
14 Apr, 2014 02:16 PM