email address via API?

zzzzz Ben Smith (Ops)

16 Jul, 2010 04:57 PM

Is there a way to get the email address for a ticket via the API? I don't see it in the GET response. The email page says you need this unique token in the email address, otherwise I could create the address entirely from the GET response. Or maybe I'm on the wrong track? Thanks in advance.

1. 1 Posted by Nicole on 19 Jul, 2010 09:23 PM

Ben -

No, there isn't at this time, but what are you trying to do? Let us know and we'll see what we can do to help.

Thanks,
    Nicole

2. 2 Posted by zzzzz Ben Smith... on 19 Jul, 2010 10:35 PM

We have a tool internally that generates changesets from the code base that an engineer is working on. It sends this changeset via email to an internal list so that other engineers can look at it and comment. The changesets are tied to a task number, and currently have the task number in their Subject like this:

3462 L Jul 19 Some Engineer [someeng] [acr #610] Proxy URLs are not being

I know which project and ticket it is, so I could have the tool cc the email address for the ticket. This way the original changeset and any replies to it could also go into the ticket. I know I could just require all the engineers to post the changes in lighthouse and require them to use lighthouse for the review, that really isn't an option as the developers get angry when I ask them to use more webtools *:)

3. Nicole closed this discussion on 12 Oct, 2010 05:01 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Lighthouse please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac