Customizing Ticket Priority

Richard Everts

28 Sep, 2009 06:19 PM

I apologize if this gets double posted. I did this once and nothing came through. After clearing my caches, I'm just going to send another and hope it gets listed.

Basically, we've used your app and it's worked great for our web project which is set to launch this week. We'd like to continue using the system as a quasi-ticketing system moving forward for at least another year or so.

I have priorities enabled for our 20 or so departments, and I have high, medium, and low. With those options, everyone is going to put their ticket priority to high since for them every ticket is a crisis. Is there any way for me to customize these fields like I was able to with the ticket states?

Thanks,

Rich
Columbia MSPH WebIT

1. 1 Posted by Will Duncan on 28 Sep, 2009 06:25 PM

Right now it's just default and running in the field order. We don't have any way to customize these priorities. It's not really a workflow Lighthouse was designed for though.

I'll see if one of the devs has some available time to at least make tweaks so it's not set the HIGH by default though.

2. 2 Posted by Richard Everts on 28 Sep, 2009 06:37 PM

Is there any other way to add customized fields when creating a ticket? I thought of using milestones, but they disappear whenever you use them once. Any other ideas we could use?

3. 3 Posted by Will Duncan on 28 Sep, 2009 06:49 PM

We don't have any custom field options, besides customizing a tickets state.

We personally don't believe in priorities as a whole. Either something is important or it isn't. http://www.43folders.com/2009/04/28/priorities might better sum up how priorities function for most people.

We use tags for this, and save the searches, like tagged:"@high" state:open so there is a ticket bin in the sidebar.

img

Aside from that, there is the milestone workflow, which Lighthouse was designed for, in which you can look at your tickets in a milestone and sort them in the order you want to work on.

It's much more effective than a lot of HIGH/MED/LOW settings. Of course that is an opinion, but I feel pretty strongly that Priorities don't accomplish much benefit to development workflow.

4. Nicole closed this discussion on 01 Dec, 2009 08:46 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Lighthouse please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac