Stop auto-scrolling to the bottom of a ticket page after applying changes

mcinkosky

21 Sep, 2011 10:59 PM

We have been using Lighthouse for some time now and like much about the system, but there are a handful of annoyances that are still really annoying even after more than a year of use. One of those is what happens after applying changes to a ticket.

When I click on Update Ticket after making changes to a ticket, the ticket page reloads (fine, although this is not ever where I want to be; I just finished making changes to this ticket and I trust that you saved them correctly; I do not need to see the ticket again). But then the really annoying thing happens: the page autoscrolls down to the bottom of the page as though I would normally want to make another change to the same ticket, when in fact I almost never want to do this. Instead I want to go back to, say, the list of tickets in which I clicked on this ticket to make a change. But the very control I need to use to select, say, the milestone that I started with, has just been scrolled off the screen!

Does anyone actually LIKE this behavior? I have a hard time coming up with a workflow that makes this the sensible default.

Ideally, Lighthouse would take me back to the list from which I got to the ticket in the first place, but at the very least, please stop making it so hard for me to do what I almost always want to do just after committing a change to a ticket!

Michael

1. 1 Posted by Nicole on 22 Sep, 2011 06:11 PM

Michael -

We have some UI changes we're working on that we hope to release over the next several months. The ticket view is one of the areas affected. We'll update this discussion when we have more information to share with you on the changes going live.

Thanks,
    Nicole

2. Nicole closed this discussion on 02 Jul, 2012 09:01 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Lighthouse please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac