Additional Custom and Sortable Fields/Drop Downs

John Finley

03 Dec, 2010 07:40 PM

We'd like to be able to add customized fields and/or drop downs to the tickets that we can use for sorting, similar to Milestone or Comment. For instance, we would like to create a list of Requirements (or features) for each Project and link each ticket to a requirement. We would then like to be able to report on tickets grouped by Requirement. The trick is that the content of the Requirements list will be different for each project OR they might be the same for the entire instance of Lighthouse. Using the example of the Requirements field would require a longer field length and/or a comments field for fully flushed out details. It could be used also for further classifying the type of tickets.

This customizable field/drop down capability can be used in many other instances, I just haven't thought about it for more than 10 minutes at the moment.

If you'd like more detail, I'm available for discussion.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Tiger Team on 03 Dec, 2010 09:02 PM

Hey John,

We aren't going to add custom fields to Lighthouse. We feel very
    strongly about this. However, this sounds like an good case for using
    tags.

Courtenay

2. 2 Posted by John Finley on 09 Dec, 2010 01:47 PM

We're missing the capability to track quite a bit of information. The tag feature just won't work. Things like a Requirement as I mentioned, but also Who Reported (different than Who's Responsible), Estimated Time and Actual Time (to do the work -with totals by Milestone), and Estimated Completion Date. These are just a few basic things related to managing tickets and work management.

I'm sure I can think of a few more.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Tiger Team on 09 Dec, 2010 08:11 PM

Lighthouse isn't going to work for you. We just have a different philosophy.

4. 4 Posted by John Finley on 09 Dec, 2010 08:13 PM

Thank you. We'll begin evaluating tools.

5. Tiger Team closed this discussion on 09 Dec, 2010 08:15 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Lighthouse please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac