Feature Request: Time Tracking

Brian Miller

22 Nov, 2010 02:59 PM

Would love to be able to simply track hours spent on each ticket. And communicate those hours spent to the client who also accessed lighthouse.

Simple Spec:
In project setup, check "Track time" this will enable the feature in the product.
Add 1 field added to each comment where a user can enter in an integer for the number of hours spent for work on a ticket. When a comment or status change is submitted, the hours are added to the ticket total.
In the ticket summary, it shows the total hours worked on the ticket (added from each comment posted with hours.) Doesn't have to be by user.
In the tickets view (/tickets) can add an extra column showing the running total number of hours spent on the ticket
dashboard view would also include a start and end date filter where you can see all comments added to tickets between a date range and their number of hours for each comment.
tickets view would include a start and end date filter to see the tickets created or modified between a date range with the number of hours spent within that range (may not match ticket total if hours added to ticket ourside of date range)

Myself and my client have been wanting this for ages to increase transparency of time spent. I can imagine it would be very useful for others. I'd even pay more for this.

1. 1 Posted by Will Duncan on 22 Nov, 2010 07:45 PM

Hey Brian. We don't have a lot of internal interest in adding time tracking to Lighthouse. I'd suggest using an external service such as http://www.getharvest.com

We use an open source time tracker that we built https://github.com/entp/xtt although there are a few forks of the project that are far ahead of ours.

2. 2 Posted by Charles (Minisc... on 22 Nov, 2010 08:04 PM

is there any way to integrate harvest and lighthouse?

3. 3 Posted by Will Duncan on 22 Nov, 2010 08:07 PM

I don't know of any official integration with time trackers. We just clock the # of the ticket we are working on usually.

4. Nicole closed this discussion on 20 Dec, 2010 03:59 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Lighthouse please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac