Support ticket backlog / queue

Andy Sanders

05 Oct, 2010 11:38 AM

Hi,

We like to use backlogs and queue up work. It would be great if Lighthouse supported a queueing system so that we can order tickets within a milestone.

This allows developers to work through in order, always popping the next task off the stack and the management to see what's coming up and re-organise as priorities change.

Is there any chance of a ticket queue being implemented? (Or am I missing something and its already supported?)

Cheers,

Andy

1. 1 Posted by Wally on 05 Oct, 2010 01:56 PM

I need this too.

Wally

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Tiger Team on 05 Oct, 2010 02:35 PM

You can already drag/drop tickets within a milestone.
     However, you cannot use this in conjunction with "high/medium/low" priorities.

3. 3 Posted by Wally on 05 Oct, 2010 02:41 PM

I see. Thanks!

On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 10:37 AM, Court3nay <
    [email blocked]<tender%[email blocked]>
    > wrote:

4. 4 Posted by Andy Sanders on 05 Oct, 2010 02:50 PM

Hi Court3nay,

Afraid I'm not as observant as Wally (though I'm sure there's a joke in that sentence somewhere)

Can you point me in the direction of some documentation that explains how to enable / use this feature? I've had a look around the site but can't work it out. (Milestone view is grouped by user and nothing is obviously dragable.)

Cheers,

Andy

5. 5 Posted by Andy Sanders on 05 Oct, 2010 02:56 PM

Scratch that.

Have just noticed that priorities are an account level setting. In which case, please can I change my request :)

Can lighthouse be modified so that priorities can be turned on or off per project, rather than per account?

Different projects are run different ways. The method of prioritising is certainly project / department specific.

Cheers,

Andy

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by Tiger Team on 05 Oct, 2010 03:28 PM

Yes. It is actually my belief that input priority (how important is this to the reporter) and developer queueing (what should I work on next) are two different things. We are currently working on a design refresh so these ideas will hopefully get integrated into that.

7. Nicole closed this discussion on 14 Oct, 2010 03:08 AM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Lighthouse please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac