"New Ticket" link

Jamie Pittock

06 Aug, 2010 01:00 PM

Hi,

I'd seen this previous thread discussing the "Create new ticket" button - http://help.lighthouseapp.com/discussions/suggestions/318-create-ne...

I can understand the decision to make the button stand out more than other elements. However I was wondering whether you'd consider adding a "New ticket" link in the navigation next to "New message / New Milestone / New Page"?

It just seems odd that it's not also included there. A couple of times clients have posted a message when they should have posted a ticket. We feel we have to actually point out where the "create new ticket" button is to them to be confident that they understand. A good UI should need explaining like that and I think a quick fix for this would be the addition of the extra "New Ticket" link.

I'm hoping you agree :)

Thanks,
Jamie

1. 1 Posted by Will Duncan on 06 Aug, 2010 09:47 PM

Hey Jamie. Thanks for the feedback and concern. We're currently working on the next iteration of Lighthouse, which has a completely revamped UI, so a lot of stuff is changing. We probably won't be making any adjustments to the current UI at this point unless it's a serious bug.

2. 2 Posted by Jamie Pittock on 09 Aug, 2010 07:28 AM

Ok, thanks Duncan. Looking forward to seeing the next iteration.

3. Tiger Team closed this discussion on 17 Aug, 2010 08:56 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Lighthouse please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac