Create a browser add-on (firefox, chrome, IE)

Arnold

25 Jul, 2010 11:57 AM

It would be nice if it was easy to post a bug in a web application the minute you spot it. With a browser add-on you might post the full URL, post variables, request headers and user-agent directly into the lighthouse issue.

The application could expose the lighthouse URL and project, by placing something like <link href="http://jasny.lighthouseapp.com/projects/44298-q/" rel="lighthouseapp" /> in the header. The 'post an issue' button should only be enabled if the application has a lighthouse link.

1. 1 Posted by Will Duncan on 26 Jul, 2010 08:43 PM

Hey Arnold. Thanks for the feedback. We're hard at work on a lot of things for Lighthouse. Part of the reason Lighthouse has an API is so users can build their own tools, and share them if they want. We've had a few cool things built for Lighthouse and Tender by our users. I don't recall anyone making a browser extension for Lighthouse to date though.

2. 2 Posted by Arnold on 26 Jul, 2010 09:06 PM

Hi,

I was not aware that these suggestions ware perse for lighthouse core developers. I though you could just drop anything for anybody, lighthouse related.

I've never build a firefox plugin. Also I'm already working on more open source projects than I can handle at this moment. However, perhaps someone will read this and pick it up :).

3. 3 Posted by Will Duncan on 26 Jul, 2010 09:13 PM

Ah, sure thing, if it's open anyone can read it and respond. I'd love to see users working on cool mini Lighthouse projects to improve personal workflows and share them.

4. Nicole closed this discussion on 20 Dec, 2010 03:52 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Lighthouse please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac