Ticket Associations

Svetlana A Savelyeva

14 Jun, 2010 05:40 PM

Hello!

I doubt that we (@Gazelle) are the only ones who would really like to be able to have ticket association feature. Having a ticket to have parents and children would be something that could make Lighthouse unbeatable. I really do think so. Ticket tracking system in LH is very simple and straight to the point, inline editing, logs, milestones and tags for additional flexibility. We've been trying to transition to LH for tracking stories, and it also seems to be working. The only big missing feature that I would need to create an additional interface for myself is ticket parenting. We often have duplicated tickets, tickets that are not supposed to be touched until a certain issue is resolved or tickets that are associated with a particular story. We have tags and different status' to do this, but it would be completely awesome to see a tree of tickets.

I was thinking about building this on my own and then have a certain group of people who need such view be able to use this tool; however, the ultimate goal we are trying to reach is to have all tickets (stories, bugs, tasks) in one place. We want this for obvious reasons - simplicity of communication and straight to the point (anything in this bucket just needs to be done).

As I said LH tool is winning by a lot already, and on top of that this feature will bring a huge business value to you (and to us :D).

Is this something you have thought of before? Do you have any plans of doing it? Timeline? I would appreciate any information you could give me on this as that would help me determine whether I should build this myself, think of other solutions and all that.

Svetlana

1. 1 Posted by Svetlana A Save... on 14 Jun, 2010 05:40 PM

By the way, if you build this, I'm volunteering to provide some testing :)

2. Will Duncan closed this discussion on 23 Jul, 2010 09:56 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Lighthouse please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac