Keep milestone active, even if all current tickets closed

Is it possible to create an option to keep an unscheduled milestone open, even if all current tickets are closed?

I would like to gather up a set of recurring requests under a milestone, however often all current tickets are closed before the next new ticket is created. This would be particularly helpful for managing those particular tickets, but also for billing and reporting purposes.

Thanks, James

1. 1 Posted by Will Duncan on 01 Jun, 2010 04:26 AM

Is it the only milestone you have on the project? So you just want to keep it active and in front?

2. 2 Posted by James Dellow (a... on 02 Jun, 2010 02:47 AM

James Dellow (at Ripple Effect Group)'s Avatar

No, we have multiple milestones as each project contain a mixture of support, deployment requests, and scheduled and unscheduled enhancement tickets for that client.

3. 3 Posted by Martin on 22 Jun, 2010 06:11 PM

Running into the same here. I can't assign tickets to a milestone since LH thinks it's closed. The milestone has no due date. Is this a bug? If so can it be fixed?

4. 4 Posted by Will Duncan on 07 Jul, 2010 04:49 AM

If it has no due date then the milestone, while unscheduled and showing as closed, can still be used for assigning tickets to. If it has a date, and all tickets are resolved, and the date is up, then it can no longer be used for assigning tickets to.

If there is a break in that functionality, then it may be a bug we're unaware of. I wasn't able to replicate any broken behavior on our end.

5. Nicole closed this discussion on 02 Nov, 2010 07:10 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Lighthouse please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac