Links posted on the tickets etc

Shri Shinde

02 May, 2013 06:53 AM

Hey Guys,

We always have tickets where there are reference links in them. When we click those links it will open that link in the same window / tab. Then you have to come back to lighthouse.. Super Annoying! Can't you guys just do a target="_blank" so that the reference links open in a separate tab.

Btw - Google does it! You open a link in your email it will open that in a separate tab.

Thanks!

1. 1 Posted by Shrunjan Gaikwa... on 02 May, 2013 07:15 AM

I second that. A target="_blank" really needed for links.

Thanks!

2. 2 Posted by Yohaan Rebello on 02 May, 2013 07:15 AM

Yes agreed!!

3. 3 Posted by Anita Patole on 02 May, 2013 07:19 AM

Yes. This is really annoying!

4. 4 Posted by Ameya on 02 May, 2013 08:45 AM

Yeah. I think it is kind of retarded to not have _blank for the links . And I think it is kind of retarded that either me or any of my peers from other software companies didn't think of posting it here. We have often talked about this annoying thing casually. I specifically remember a contact of mine who works at Emerson telling me that he typed an elaborate explanation in reply to a task and then before submitting it he clicked on one of the screenshot links above and the entire text was lost. Super annoying.

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Tiger Team on 02 May, 2013 09:07 AM

Actually we save the text of all comment fields every 15 characters or 30 seconds (whichever first) so that you can't lose the contents of ticket bodies even if you accidentally close the window. So maybe that happened on a different site.

If you want all links to open in a new window that is commonly possible with a browser configuration setting.

6. brandi closed this discussion on 03 May, 2013 07:36 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Lighthouse please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac