How do I delete a user?

Saugar Sainju

08 Mar, 2011 04:20 PM

I need to delete users so that I can add/replace with new team members. How do I do that?

1. 1 Posted by Nicole on 08 Mar, 2011 04:33 PM

You can't delete user profiles, but you can remove them from your account/project. Under Access and Permissions find the users you want to remove and uncheck all projects/accounts associated with their name and save. This will remove them from having access.

Thanks,
    Nicole

2. Nicole closed this discussion on 08 Mar, 2011 04:33 PM.

3. Saugar Sainju re-opened this discussion on 08 Mar, 2011 04:53 PM

4. 2 Posted by Saugar Sainju on 08 Mar, 2011 04:53 PM

Thanks for the info, Nicole. I realized I could do that. But I'm really looking forward to delete users who are no longer working on the project so I can use that for new team members. Are you saying there is no way to delete users who have left team/company? And that we are forced to upgrade the account even if I have to add just one more team member? Now thats a little absurd.

5. 3 Posted by Nicole on 08 Mar, 2011 05:41 PM

If you remove users from your accounts/projects they are not counted against your limits. User profiles are global and can be members of multiple accounts at any given time. You can't delete user profiles, but if you've removed them from your accounts/projects you should see your member count decrease. It could take a moment/refresh for the change to take affect.

I see that you currently have 10 of 10 allowed members on your account. Is this different than what you are expecting?

Thanks,
    Nicole

6. 4 Posted by Saugar Sainju on 08 Mar, 2011 05:46 PM

Thanks for the info. I"ll try that. It wasn't clear at all that the user count would decrease if a user is not associated with any project. So naturally, I haven't tried it.

From a feature perspective, it is still a little absurd why we can't delete users. However, I am sure you have your reasons.

Thanks again for the quick response.

7. Nicole closed this discussion on 08 Mar, 2011 06:03 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Lighthouse please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac