How do you delete a user from Lighthouse...not just remove them from a project?

Charles

08 Mar, 2011 11:29 AM

We only have 15 users and are at our limit. That is enough BUT

We have freelancers who we want to give access to. One freelancer has left and a new one has joined.

I've remove one freelancer from all projects but my user allocation is still set at 15. I can't delete that user account to free up space for a new user.

Is this possible or once an account is created can it never be deleted?

Also can several people log in and work at the same time as one user? e.g. if we only want people to submit tickets at testing could they all use a shared freelance login?

1. 1 Posted by Nicole on 08 Mar, 2011 04:32 PM

User profiles are global and only the user themselves can delete their own profile. That said, it looks like a possible bug that the count isn't updating as expected.

You could have a single shared profile. If you had them emailing Shared Login profile and then that was set up to forward into the special ticket creation email that would work. However, multiple people logged in the same profile via the Web UI I'm not sure they would be able to work simultaneously. In theory they could, but there is the risk odd behaviors we can't really predict.

Thanks,
    Nicole

2. 2 Posted by Charles on 08 Mar, 2011 05:19 PM

Thanks.

So now I have a freelancer who has set up an account. I've removed her from all projects yet she's not in the list of Set Permissions so I can't reuse the account and only she can delete it. Surely the admin of Lighthouse should be able to delete user accounts? A company should be in control of its members and not the other way around.

The invitation I cancelled has now shown on the system...it obviously takes time to propagate.

I do think that it's a big issue that admins can't delete users tho. That really needs a fix

3. 3 Posted by Nicole on 08 Mar, 2011 05:36 PM

Charles -

User profiles are global. Your freelancer could be a member of any number of Lighthouse accounts, not only yours, with their profile. This is why it doesn't make sense to allow any account admin to delete a user.

It shouldn't be counting invitations as members however. Is that the situation you were encountering? Or was the freelancer a member of a project proper?

Let us know and we can continue to troubleshoot the underlying issue even though the cache has caught up the count for you.

Thanks,
    Nicole

4. Nicole closed this discussion on 16 Mar, 2011 06:50 AM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Lighthouse please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac