Tickets and project -- what am I missing?

mcinkosky

04 Mar, 2011 03:55 AM

OK, I am completely confused. We have subscriptions to both lighthouse and tender. I have recently added a second project in lighthouse for a new product we sell. We get support requests on both products in our tender account. Now, when I am looking at a ticket in tender, and I want to create a lighthouse ticket, it goes into our original project. But sometimes I want it to be in the new project.

So, here are my questions...

1) how can I select the lighthouse project when I first create the ticket?

2) how can I move the ticket to the other project once it has been created? I found the faq on this very topic, but (a) surely there is a way to do this without going into the bulk edit interface, and (b) this bulk edit interface does not even have a "Commit" button to make the edit -- how is this supposed to work???

Right now it looks as though creating a second project was a mistake because this basic stuff seems to be broken. Please show me that I am wrong in this assessment!

Michael

1. 1 Posted by Nicole on 04 Mar, 2011 07:00 PM

Michael -

You can have one Lighthouse project be associated with many Tenders, but you can't have multiple Lighthouse projects available to a single Tender account. It's the way it is right now, although we are looking at how we could change that for the future.

I'm not sure I follow your second question. The bulk edit interface is exactly where you would want to make changes to multiple tickets. Is this - http://help.lighthouseapp.com/kb/project-management/how-do-i-migrat... - the article you were referring to? I'm not sure I understand your question about the "Commit" button.

Thanks,
    Nicole

2. 2 Posted by mcinkosky on 04 Mar, 2011 08:28 PM

Thank you for your response.

I can live with the first answer if only there is a better answer for the second question.

I am not wanting to make changes to multiple tickets, I simply want to change the project for a single ticket. Just as I can change the person responsible, or the milestone.

I create a ticket in Tender and, because of answer #1, it gets assigned to the wrong project. So, I want to click on it and edit it. I do not want to try to figure out some criteria that will retrieve it in the bulk editing interface. As it is, I am unable to assign it to someone, or set its milestone, without clicking on it. Fine; this is an extra step, but fine. But if I cannot edit project there, then I really have to go out of my way to finish my work on the new ticket.

Michael

3. 3 Posted by Nicole on 04 Mar, 2011 09:05 PM

Michael -

Beyond creating the ticket and using keywords when you create the ticket via Tender, management of Lighthouse tickets is done through Lighthouse. If you wanted to assign the ticket to someone when creating in Tender you'd simply put [responsible:someone] or [milestone:"Get Things Done"].

You should only have one project set up in your Tender account. For tickets that you possibly created and they went to the "wrong" project you'll need to move them through bulk-edit. If this is a single ticket we're talking about you can do state:open as a search criteria and locate the ticket in question and move it.

If you are saying it is a problem moving forward to have a single Tender account not be able to be associated with two different Lighthouse projects, I completely understand that and it is something we are aware of in Tender.

If you are saying that within the Lighthouse application you want to be able to toggle the project associated while in a specific ticket, that is another request we've had but currently that is not how Lighthouse works. I will note your request for different functionality and make sure our lead designer/developers see it when we make changes to Lighthouse over the coming months.

Thanks,
    Nicole

4. Nicole closed this discussion on 22 Mar, 2011 03:35 AM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Lighthouse please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac