can i exclude a tag from the tag cloud?

edward

24 Feb, 2011 05:35 AM

I use tags to mark tickets as either enhancements or defects, but I also use them as a regular tagging system.

because every ticket has either an enhancement or defect tag, those two tags dominate the tag cloud. this makes all the other tags the smallest font size and lightest color, essentially turning the tag cloud into a tag list.

is there any way to to specify that i don't want certain tags to be included in the tag cloud?

1. 1 Posted by Nicole on 24 Feb, 2011 04:08 PM

Ed -

No, there is no way to omit tags from the tag cloud.

Sorry,
    Nicole

2. Nicole closed this discussion on 24 Feb, 2011 04:08 PM.

3. edward re-opened this discussion on 24 Feb, 2011 04:20 PM

4. 2 Posted by edward on 24 Feb, 2011 04:20 PM

is there a way to add a custom field to tickets?

how would you suggest i accomplish what i'm trying to do? is this just impossible with lighthouse?

5. 3 Posted by Nicole on 24 Feb, 2011 04:23 PM

There is no way to add a custom field. Tags are really the best way to do what you're doing. Does this system work for you aside from their size in the tag cloud?

Thanks,
    Nicole

6. 4 Posted by edward on 24 Feb, 2011 04:31 PM

it's not a deal breaker. I like lighthouse.

I also liked having the tag cloud as it allowed me to quickly see which components required the most work. since there is no 'component' field and no 'type' field I ended up using tags for both.

i don't mind using tags to replace missing fields, i just wish there were a bit more control over what can be done with them. i suppose i could create ticket bins for each component, i was just hoping there was a simpler way.

7. 5 Posted by Nicole on 24 Feb, 2011 05:28 PM

Ticket bins would work, for instance tagged:enhancement state:open, but it won't solve the problem that if you're using one of two tags on every ticket they display the way they do in the tag cloud.

Thanks,
    Nicole

8. Nicole closed this discussion on 24 Feb, 2011 05:28 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Lighthouse please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac