Posting private entries into public projects

Jeff Reynolds

08 Feb, 2010 08:43 PM

My company is currently using lighthouse and basecamp, and we'd like to move exclusively to lighthouse; The only problem is that there doesn't seem to be a way to post private entries into public tickets; i.e. I cannot have a thread that my company and my client can see, and post comps into it for only my company to review. This would be so very nice for organization, because at the moment we have to keep a public and private version of every project.

Any help you can give (maybe I missed it), or plans to add this sort of feature?

Thanks!

1. 1 Posted by Will Duncan on 08 Feb, 2010 09:19 PM

Hey Jeff. Thank you for the feedback. At this point in time we don't have a feature of that sort on the roadmap though.

Is you client giving feedback directly in tickets? Or filing support and issues as needed, and you want to keep the development side private? If you could please elaborate on your workflow a little more, that would be a great help.

Thanks.

2. 2 Posted by Jeff Reynolds on 08 Feb, 2010 10:26 PM

wow, thanks for such a quick response :)

I'd say that both of those use cases are realistic for us; we're a small agency with a fair range of clients (with a fair range of savviness). Maybe we're trying too hard to force a basecamp-style discussion into lighthouse; but yes, at the moment we're taking feedback within tickets, then reassigning the ticket to the appropriate team member or to QA/done status. On lots of these tickets we have to mix internal and external debates, so far the way we've gotten around it is to have an internal and external version of all our projects, and to use basecamp to handle particularly discussion-heavy things.

We like lighthouse a lot more than basecamp, though ;)

hopefully I'm making sense. Thanks again.

3. Nicole closed this discussion on 13 Apr, 2010 07:02 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Lighthouse please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac