RSS feed of issue, priority and status

carl.terry (at ctbto)

11 Apr, 2013 02:31 PM

Hello Portland
I like the straightforwardness of lighthouseapp and I'd like to use it as an issue tracker during a group exercise in May/June.

I'd like to feed the current status of issues to an RSS ticker - and this already works fine displaying the '...\events.atom' feed. This shows every update to every issue. What I'd like to display is the latest status of every issue - and then click on it to get the updates. Can I configure the lightouse to do this? (am I missing soemthing?)

Carl Terry
Vienna, Austria

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Tiger Team on 11 Apr, 2013 07:12 PM

Hey Carl,

so in my mind RSS doesn't work like that -- there's no "latest status", rss is more like "here's a history of events" and indeed each item tends to be cached by your feed reader. What exactly are you trying to do?

2. 2 Posted by carl.terry (at ... on 12 Apr, 2013 07:24 AM

Hi Courtenay
    Thanks for that insight. I'd like to display the status of issues during an field exercise as a ticker fed from the lighthouse app. It won't replace looking at the lighthouse app but it should show the current issues at a glance and provide a link to the detail.

With my ticker default settings I was getting every event from the beginning of the issue; I've altered the settings now so older events 'drop off' the ticker.

So, this should work for me now. Though does your api allow what gets sent via RSS to be changed? I might look into that.

Thanks again, have a good weekend.
    Carl

3. carl.terry (at ctbto) closed this discussion on 12 Apr, 2013 07:30 AM.

4. Tiger Team re-opened this discussion on 12 Apr, 2013 07:15 PM

5. Support Staff 3 Posted by Tiger Team on 12 Apr, 2013 07:15 PM

If you just want to consume xml, you can use the API for that, and grab the
    current state of every ticket.

6. Tiger Team closed this discussion on 13 Apr, 2013 02:04 AM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Lighthouse please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac