Windows vs Mac vs Web

Brendan

05 Aug, 2012 09:27 PM

I found Lighthouse through the app store for Apple. This is clearly a mac app. However, I need it for a client who's business is all on windows. Is there a windows version of Lighthouse.

Connectivity to the web is not always reliable in South Africa, ideally, all issues would be online so that different sites could access tickets, however, when the internet goes down, the head office would like a version of the tickets so that it can keep working. Is this scenario feasible? if so, is it feasible on windows? I can see that it would be for Mac - but what about multiple users? does this now cause a problem?

Thanks
Brendan

1. 1 Posted by Nicole on 06 Aug, 2012 04:09 PM

Brendan -

Lighthouse is actually a web-based app. We do have some third-party native apps in the App Store, but as long as your clients, users have internet access, they should be fine. The iPhone/iPad apps do allow the user to work on tickets without internet access. I'm not aware of any PC/Android alternatives.

Thanks,
    Nicole

2. Nicole closed this discussion on 06 Aug, 2012 04:09 PM.

3. Brendan Jenman re-opened this discussion on 06 Aug, 2012 09:06 PM

4. 2 Posted by Brendan Jenman on 06 Aug, 2012 09:06 PM

Thanks Nicole,

I tried to signup for the free trial, but it will not accept my URL. What is it expecting in that text box?
    Thanks

Brendan Jenman
    ph: (+27) 0732731897

5. 3 Posted by Nicole on 07 Aug, 2012 01:14 PM

Brendan -

It should be a unique name. If someone else has already registered it that might be causing issues. What account name were you trying to sign up for? What is the URL you where you were seeing errors?

Let us know and we'll get things sorted for you.

Thanks,
    Nicole

6. 4 Posted by Brendan Jenman on 07 Aug, 2012 01:24 PM

Nicole,

I tried http://www.prominence.co.za/ or http://www.prominence.co.za/wp/

It's a site we're working on

Thanks

Brendan Jenman
    ph: (+27) 0732731897

7. 5 Posted by Nicole on 07 Aug, 2012 01:58 PM

Brendan -

What you're wanting to do is pick a subdomain, so prominence.lighthouseapp.com is available and you would enter "prominence" in the signup form. Let us know if you have other questions.

Thanks,
    Nicole

8. Julien closed this discussion on 14 Aug, 2012 03:39 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Lighthouse please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac