I don't want to show everytime I change something little on a page

rey.write

17 Apr, 2009 08:53 PM

The overview page is really helpful to me: it allows me to see all my changesets + tickets + all relevant things that happened recently.

I'm new to Lighthouse and I have it integrated with Github and I love it. One thing I'm doing right now is editing pages and using the markdown text (which is not easy because there are many many gotchas in your site specific markdown).

I have been updating this home page all day with information and links, all the while learning this specific markdown. I've updated the page a total of 30 times now. Guess what happens when I look at my Overview? It shows me each one of those 30 times. It takes up space, is not relevant, and it's a huge eye sore. There should be an option to turn it off for all pages (or specific pages), an option to delete specific ones from history, or even group sequential changes on a page into 1 of them (or just 1 item that just gives a synopsis on how many times it was updated in a 24 hour period, ala The home page was updated 4 times today, last updated 5:00 am). It's just noise otherwise, I'm hoping that someone can prove me wrong in that there is a workaround for getting them to not show.

1. 1 Posted by Will Duncan on 21 Apr, 2009 10:25 AM

Thank you for the feedback. We will be taking this into consideration when we review for our next round of revisions to Lighthouse. We should be adding a preview function too, so there won't be as much need to go back and edit your tickets/pages in Lighthouse.

Out of curiosity, minus the fact that you are new to Lighthouse and this occurred during the setup process, do you plan on adding/editing pages frequently?

Also, you can follow http://lhstatus.com and/or http://twitter.com/lighthouseapp for status updates and announcements.

2. 2 Posted by Rick on 21 Apr, 2009 10:41 AM

I like the idea of grouping page updates.

What gotchas with our markdown are you running into?

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Lighthouse please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac