Can't add multiple contributors to Open Source project

ben+rq

02 Apr, 2009 03:56 PM

Per my annoying tweets, I am unable to add new contributors to an open source project. I have attached a screen shot of what I am seeing.

I go into "Access & Permissions", click on "Invite...", select my OSS project (Rosetta Queue), add a list of people I want to invite, and hit submit.

I am always told that 0 invites have been sent and that I am limited to two users.

Sorry for being so difficult, but what am I doing wrong here?

1. 1 Posted by Will Duncan on 02 Apr, 2009 04:00 PM

Can you try inviting one user at a time for me? I'm wondering if there might be an issue with the multiple emails at this point.

And don't worry about the tweets, that's the easiest way for us to chat back and forth, it's just REALLY hard for us to fit a good support reply in 140 char.

2. 2 Posted by ben+rq on 02 Apr, 2009 04:11 PM

Sending the invites out individually worked great. Thanks for the suggestion.

I suppose you can file the multiple invites as a bug at this point and close this...

Thanks again!

BTW, it is possible for one login to have two accounts? Like, for a business and for OSS but with a different subdomain? Or can one login only have one subdomain/account?

3. 3 Posted by Will Duncan on 02 Apr, 2009 04:22 PM

I figured that was the case. I will file a bug report so a developer can get that fixed.

Profiles on Lighthouse are universal across all Lighthouse accounts/projects. Because of the limitations in the system, preventing abuse, etc, a user profile by default can only have one account/subdomain under it's ownership. If it totally gripes with your desired workflow we can make a special exception. It's understandable in several situations, it's just not something we let the system do by default

4. 4 Posted by ben+rq on 02 Apr, 2009 04:30 PM

Umm.. so someone on twitter point out that I'm an idiot and can't read. :) The instructions say to use a space, and not a comma, to delineate the addresses. :/ So.. major FAIL on my part. Sorry about that.

5. 5 Posted by ben+rq on 02 Apr, 2009 04:31 PM

Ahh! There he is, ddollar himself. :)

6. 6 Posted by Will Duncan on 02 Apr, 2009 04:34 PM

smacks self

how did I miss that?!?! Well, lesson learned, review screenshots carefully.

7. 7 Posted by ddollar on 02 Apr, 2009 04:38 PM

I would honestly suggest filing a bug report anyway and having that screen fail more gracefully (or not fail!) if commas are used, as that is fairly common behavior when entering lists of email addresses.

8. 8 Posted by ben+rq on 02 Apr, 2009 04:41 PM

+1 Thanks for your help.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Lighthouse please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac