can't set active milestone

jon

13 Mar, 2009 05:39 PM

I've got three milestones without dates. Lighthouse seems to have just randomly picked one to be the 'active' milestone (but it's wrong). How can I set the active milestone to something else? And how do I sort the list of milestones? they're not sorted alphabetically or by created date (neither of which would be correct anyway).

1. 1 Posted by Will Duncan on 13 Mar, 2009 07:28 PM

We apologize about the confusion. Milestones were originally designed to be handled in order by date assigned.

For now, you'll need to set set an unrealistic date on those milestones, like Jan 1, 2012, and then just set those other milestones in order behind it. Some users set even/odd increments between milestones so it's easier to bump one back or in front of another if needed.

2. 2 Posted by jon on 13 Mar, 2009 07:56 PM

So what happens when a deadline on an active milestone passes? Does the next due milestone automatically become the active milestone?

3. 3 Posted by Will Duncan on 13 Mar, 2009 10:57 PM

Well, if you're not using realistic dates, then you would never hit that deadline, in theory. If you are using deadlines in their real context, then the bar on the main page is turned red, as it's overdue, till the goals inside that milestone are completed. Once all tickets are completed in a milestone then the next milestone is automatically brought into the main milestone area.

4. 4 Posted by jon on 13 Mar, 2009 11:18 PM

Ok, thanks for the clarification.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Lighthouse please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac