Typing Return (Enter) in the description field of a new ticket causes the browser to load a different page.

ronin

12 Mar, 2009 09:14 PM

I can't make this happen consistently, but it happens often. I'm using a WebKit browser (created by Fluid.app) on OS X to use Lighthouse, and when I create new tickets, I find that pressing the Return key in the description field causes the browser to load a new page -- my home page if I'm not mistaken.

1. 1 Posted by Will Duncan on 12 Mar, 2009 09:39 PM

That's odd, we'll keep an eye out for such behavior, but it hasn't been mentioned before and I would expect behavior like that to be something with the browser. There isn't anything special on the description field that would cause odd behavior, so off the top of my head I don't have any ideas.

2. 2 Posted by Luke Andrews on 17 Mar, 2009 03:10 PM

Just out of curiosity (and because I'm also a web programmer), I looked to see if I could see what event handlers you've got. There is some stuff going on in the "Describe the problem" textarea -- it looks like you're trapping up, down and return, although I'm not sure to what end.

I still can't figure out what triggers another page to load, but the textarea in question is using the QuicksilverLiveSearch class in your code, fwiw.

I didn't mention this previously, but I have the Safari 4 beta installed.

3. 3 Posted by Rick on 17 Mar, 2009 04:11 PM

Hi Luke, we had a breakthrough in tracking this down yesterday. We should have it fixed soon.

4. 4 Posted by Luke Andrews on 17 Mar, 2009 04:12 PM

Excellent! I thought I was beginning to go crazy. :)

5. 5 Posted by Luke Andrews on 26 Mar, 2009 01:46 PM

Curious... why does it think that my name is "ronin"?

6. 6 Posted by Rick on 26 Mar, 2009 03:01 PM

I think it has to do with you attempting to log in while typing a new discussion. It saves the discussion to a 'fake' ronin user, and resets to your user upon a successful login. Apparently it's not able to reset the user properly. We fixed one instance where the spam check was activating discussions too early, but I don't remember if this was after you posted this issue. i think the whole feature needs to be rewritten.

7. 7 Posted by Luke Andrews on 01 Apr, 2009 02:04 PM

Any update on this? It still happens to me all the time and it's really annoying. Let me know if I can help with more details.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Lighthouse please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac