Account deletion not working

o.cornu

11 Mar, 2009 12:16 PM

Hi,

I opened a free account yesterday for testing purposes. As i did not know what the account name was going to be used for, i could not pick a proper one. When i tried (several times) to change the account name using the integrated feature it failed -- without any further details as to why. So i deleted my projects and the whole account, using the corresponding feature. It worked -- allegedly. Yet i was not able to open a new one to get the account name right: i was told i already had one account for this profile... So i tried to remove my whole profile and it failed, claiming i still have an active account. Basically, my account is not here anymore -- HTTP 404 error. Yet it is still considered to be active...

I like what i've seen during this test (the above issues excepted) and am willing to use LightHouse. Could you please resolve this, preferably removing my account and profile so that i can start afresh? Thanks.

1. 1 Posted by Nicole on 11 Mar, 2009 04:21 PM

What was the name you were trying to change the account to? Do you still want your same profile as the owner or were you hoping to change that as well?

We'll get this sorted through today and get you back using Lighthouse in no time.

2. 2 Posted by o.cornu on 11 Mar, 2009 04:33 PM

I've tried "o.cornu" (and perhaps "ocornu" too) as the new account name. Please note i created another "ocornu" account from another profile later in the day.

I was willing to keep my same profile as the account owner, originally. Now that i've created a new profile and a new account, i just wish to use my main email address with it; unfortunately, it's the same email address i had used with the problematic (undeletable) profile/account.

I'm willing to put everything in the bin and start again, if necessary, in order to have a clean and working setup (email address, account name, etc). I haven't published anything yet, so it's no big deal...

Thanks for your help. :-)

3. 3 Posted by Nicole on 11 Mar, 2009 10:25 PM

We had a little db issue on Lighthouse, so we're a bit behind on responses today. I'll make sure this is at the top of the queue when we finish up the db situation.

Thanks for your patience.

4. Nicole closed this discussion on 11 Mar, 2009 10:25 PM.

5. o.cornu re-opened this discussion on 12 Mar, 2009 07:09 AM

6. 4 Posted by o.cornu on 12 Mar, 2009 07:09 AM

Alright, i'll wait then... :)

7. 5 Posted by Nicole on 12 Mar, 2009 04:31 PM

Do you want the webmonkey account or do you just want the [email blocked] listed as owner of your ocornu account?

8. 6 Posted by o.cornu on 12 Mar, 2009 05:28 PM

Second choice: [email blocked] listed as owner of the ocornu account.

9. 7 Posted by Nicole on 12 Mar, 2009 05:55 PM

Okay, you should be able to log in to the ocornu account and change your email address from [email blocked] to [email blocked]. Let me know if you have any issues.

Thanks for your patience.

10. Nicole closed this discussion on 12 Mar, 2009 05:55 PM.

11. o.cornu re-opened this discussion on 12 Mar, 2009 06:04 PM

12. 8 Posted by o.cornu on 12 Mar, 2009 06:04 PM

I successfully changed my profile email. Everything seems to be working so far. Thanks. :-)

13. 9 Posted by Nicole on 12 Mar, 2009 06:27 PM

Glad to hear it. Again, thanks for your patience, usually we'd have worked this out for you much quicker.

14. Nicole closed this discussion on 12 Mar, 2009 06:27 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Lighthouse please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac