"open" state behavior seems to have changed

kurt

17 Feb, 2009 05:38 PM

We just noticed today that a bunch of our bins were blank. It used to be that state:open matched any of the open states. It's no longer doing that. Is that intentional? It's nice to be able to see "any ticket that's open".

1. 1 Posted by Will Duncan on 17 Feb, 2009 05:53 PM

Kurt, if it has changed I am unaware to it. I'll check with Rick shortly and get back to you. We've also been experiencing severely slow database response time this morning and are working on the issue.

2. 2 Posted by kurt on 17 Feb, 2009 06:19 PM

Ah, ok! Thanks for looking into it.

3. 3 Posted by Will Duncan on 17 Feb, 2009 06:20 PM

Hey Kurt, it turns out we had a slightly premature deployment in which this feature slipped in. Normally we would have held this back till a blog post and FAQ were updated, but it snuck its way in last night somehow.

Anyways, the search criteria did slightly change. Current saved searches were supposed to be updated as we released the feature so users did not have to edit them, but that obviously hasn't happened yet.

You can use state:open! to return all open states, where as state:open will just return the single state as open. In the past it was confusing, because if you didn't want new tickets you had to add not-state:new on the query.

4. 4 Posted by kurt on 17 Feb, 2009 06:23 PM

Ah, ok, I'll get to changing our saved searches then.

I think the "Open Tickets" and "Closed Tickets" defaults will have to change on your end, though. Those are still sending state:open and I don't see any way to fix it myself.

5. 5 Posted by Will Duncan on 19 Feb, 2009 08:05 PM

Kurt, we're actually reverting back to the original state:open search criteria and removing state:open! for the time being. It was not an intended deployment on our part and is causing a number of issues with other users. We apologize for the inconvenience. We we're going to try to tough it out and get the documentation and everything converted over, but it was a premature deployment and a mistake on our part.

6. 6 Posted by kurt on 19 Feb, 2009 08:28 PM

Sounds good to me. It looks like our searches automatically changed back to "state:open" too, so thanks for that.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Lighthouse please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac