state:open criteria not working

Ankit Shah

17 Feb, 2009 05:36 PM

state:open criteria does not return any result. However, "not-state:closed" returns the proper results. As far as I know, both should return same results.

1. 1 Posted by Rick on 17 Feb, 2009 05:58 PM

This was a huge point of confusion for new folks. They'd have to do weird queries like state:open not-state:new to get just open tickets, for instance. Try using state:open!

2. Rick closed this discussion on 17 Feb, 2009 05:58 PM.

3. Ankit Shah re-opened this discussion on 17 Feb, 2009 06:05 PM

4. 2 Posted by Ankit Shah on 17 Feb, 2009 06:05 PM

OK. So just to be clear, state:open will only show tickets that are in specific state called "open" and state:open! will show tickets that are states that would be considered open?

If yes, do I need to update all of my search bins to start using "state:open!" instead of "state:open"?

5. 3 Posted by Rick on 17 Feb, 2009 06:08 PM

Yes, state:{whatever} only shows that state, the exclamation makes it special. Sorry for the sudden change, I didn't mean to deploy this until I had the blog post ready, the FAQ updated, and all the ticket bins changed over. I can change them all for you right now.

6. 4 Posted by Ankit Shah on 17 Feb, 2009 06:23 PM

Hi Rick,

Thanks for the update. I just wanted to make two small suggestions/observations:

1. I am sure this is already in your radar, but you should also update the provided default drop-down search for "Open Tickets" to use the new syntax.
    2. At present, it seems that state:closed is a spacial case as well. In my opinion, you should make it consistent and have it only return tickets with state 'closed'.
  7. 5 Posted by Will Duncan on 17 Feb, 2009 11:00 PM

Thanks for the heads up! Indeed the change was a premature deploy on our part and there are items in Lighthouse that will have to be tweaked now. We hope to get this all corrected tonight.

8. 6 Posted by alex on 18 Feb, 2009 09:32 AM

can you fix my bins as well? there doesn't seem to be an easy way to do it (is there?)

9. 7 Posted by Rick on 19 Feb, 2009 01:51 AM

That's odd, I thought I fixed them yesterday. I re-ran my script from yesterday and it looks like it works:

>> a.name
    => "upstream"
    >> puts a.ticket_bins(:reload).map(&:query)
    state:open!
    state:open!
    responsible:me state:open!
    tagged:urgent state:open!
    tagged:urgent state:open! responsible:me
    state:for_review
    state:ready_to_deploy

10. 8 Posted by Will Duncan on 19 Feb, 2009 08:04 PM

We're actually reverting back to the original state:open search criteria and removing state:open! for the time being. It was not an intended deployment on our part and is causing a number of issues with other users. We apologize for the inconvenience.

11. brandi closed this discussion on 29 Jun, 2012 10:08 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Lighthouse please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac