"Go to a project..." search box doesn't let me go to a project.

Doug Petkanics

05 Feb, 2009 09:32 PM

Hi. I'm having a bit of a problem with the 'go to a project' search box.

We have a private account with about 6 or 7 'projects'. When I begin typing in the 'go to a project' box a dropdown appears listing the account name as the only option. The 6 projects don't show up. If I type one of the project names and hit enter, nothing happens. If I click on the account name (or type it and hit enter), it takes me to our main account dashboard.

Is this the expected behavior? It would be nice to actually skip from project to project using this search bar.

Thanks, Doug

1. 1 Posted by Will Duncan on 06 Feb, 2009 01:00 AM

When you click on the box it should drop down and give you a list of everything, then as you start typing it will filter. If you dont type you can just click what you want.

Is this not the behavior you are seeing?

2. 2 Posted by Thomas Balthaza... on 06 Feb, 2009 09:03 AM

I have the same problem. If I click the "Go to a project ..." field, a drop down menu appears with only the name of my account (none of my project is listed).

If I click on the name of my account, it goes to the dashboard. If I start typing the name of one of my project, the drop down is empty.

3. 3 Posted by Doug Petkanics on 06 Feb, 2009 01:59 PM

Hey Will, looks like Thomas and I are seeing the same behavior. Not only do my projects not get listed in the dropdown, even if I type them out entirely I can't jump to them. Instead, the only thing that gets listed and the only thing that I can click on and jump to is the name of the account.

4. 4 Posted by jklingstedt on 06 Feb, 2009 07:13 PM

I am having this problem too. I saw the intended functionality right after the UI changed, but now I am experiencing the same problem listed above. I tested using Mac Firefox 3.0.5 and Safari 3.2.1. See attached image for screenshot.

5. 5 Posted by System on 06 Feb, 2009 10:08 PM

A Lighthouse ticket was created for this discussion

6. 6 Posted by Robby Russell on 08 Feb, 2009 10:20 PM

Same behavior here

7. 7 Posted by John on 02 Mar, 2009 01:32 PM

Same here since the UI update in late Jan. Reported privately as #416 - some correspondance with Will but no updates since early Feb.

Come on guys, how hard can it be? :)

8. 8 Posted by Rick on 03 Mar, 2009 07:29 PM

It was a wacky edge case and will be deployed shortly.

9. Rick closed this discussion on 03 Mar, 2009 07:29 PM.

10. Will Duncan re-opened this discussion on 04 Mar, 2009 01:06 AM

11. 9 Posted by Will Duncan on 04 Mar, 2009 01:06 AM

It's been deployed. Everyone should be good to go. Please let us know if you have issues.

12. brandi closed this discussion on 29 Jun, 2012 10:08 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Lighthouse please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac