Page count = 30

Daniel Cukier

23 Jan, 2009 05:15 PM

When I have a Project p and try to get its total tickets total = p.tickets(:q => "state:new").size

I always get 30 as result, because it is the page size in search. How can I get all tickets, ignoring paging?

1. 1 Posted by Justin Palmer on 28 Jan, 2009 06:25 PM

We don't have a way to get the count from a raw query, however you can get a count from ticket bins if you save that query as a ticket bin. Will that work for you?

See http://lighthouseapp.com/api/ticket-bins

2. 2 Posted by Daniel Cukier on 12 Feb, 2009 12:44 PM

I resolved by paginating the search and counting the elements. Maybe there should be a configurable page size, not a fixed 30 value.

3. 3 Posted by Rick on 14 Feb, 2009 07:17 PM

I think allowing a configurable page count (30, 50, 100?) would be good. We'd probably implement a full archive by emailing you when the complete ticket dump was built though. Building a massive archive of 1000's of tickets can take awhile (in the context of a web app) and eat up a lot of server memory.

4. 4 Posted by Rick on 14 Feb, 2009 07:47 PM

Okay, I deployed the configurable ticket page limit. It's capped at 100. Nothing in the UI yet, but we'll probably throw in some dropdown for choices like 30/50/100. Good enough for your upgrade script though!

5. Rick closed this discussion on 14 Feb, 2009 07:47 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Lighthouse please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac