Doesn't see all my projects

rjharmon0316

14 Jan, 2009 03:56 PM

When I'm at rspec.lighthouseapp.com, I click on My Profile. I can see two projects, not including Insoshi.

When I'm at insoshi.lighthouseapp.com, I click on My Profile (also at /users/41525) and I can only see one project.

I expected that my profile gives me access to all my projects, no matter which project I'm currently looking at.

1. 1 Posted by rick on 14 Jan, 2009 05:39 PM

We just felt like showing all your data on an account subdomain would be confusing. I've got several active private accounts and OSS accounts that I'm a part of, so it'd also be pretty busy.

We have two things coming up to address this:

• One tweak to the UI will show all your accounts/projects in the header of every page. This is nearly done and just going through tweaks now.
    • We want to add a new subdomain that presents a user-centric dashboard of your tickets across projects.
  2. 2 Posted by rjharmon0316 on 14 Jan, 2009 06:29 PM

Thanks for your reply. I don't get "private" vs "OSS" accounts - well, I get it, but as a user I don't care about the distinction - that's an issue for the project owners to cope with, not for me as a user.

One point of clarification: the confusion is, one of the projects does allow me to see others of my projects, whereas the other project I mentioned doesn't allow that. So, the inconsistency. Of course, if it didn't allow me to see other projects, it would be a feature request.

I'm pleased to hear about the offering for the user-centric dashboard; that's actually what I was wanting originally: to see all my tickets. :)

Thanks,

Randy

3. 3 Posted by rjharmon0316 on 14 Jan, 2009 07:28 PM

http://rails_security.lighthouseapp.com/projects/15332/tickets/33-rake-spec-doesnt-recognize-changed-site-key

This is another project that doesn't show up on my list, even though I've made a ticket for it. Is there some specific action one needs to take that makes projects go onto my list on the profile page? You don't have to answer that - the pending changes you describe should do the trick.

4. 4 Posted by Rick on 14 Jan, 2009 08:13 PM

The profile view doesn't make a distinction between private and OSS projects. The reason your profile shows two projects in the rspec account and only one in the insoshi account, is that the rspec account has a separate project for rspec and cucumber. You should see 5 open projects on the old ar-code account. If you go to the rails-security account you should see the restful auth project.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Lighthouse please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac